Dave Knox Biography:
Dave Knox is Chief Marketing Officer for Rockfish. Rockfish is one of the fastest growing digital agencies in the country, placing #3 on AdAge’s Agency A-List and winning the inaugural AdAge Small Agency of the Year Award. Prior to Rockfish, Knox was a seven year veteran of Procter & Gamble, where he was instrumental in the digital turnaround that led to P&G being named to AdAge’s Digital A-List. As Brand Manager for Global Branded Entertainment, Dave led the strategy for new business models in venture investment, digital media and original content. Previously, Dave served as P&G’s Corporate Marketing Brand Manager for Digital Business Strategy, responsible for driving digital innovation and capability across P&G’s 300+ brands worldwide.
Dave was named to the iMedia 25 Class of 2010, by Cincinnati Magazine as a “Next Power Broker” and Media Industry News as a “2010 Social Media Superstar.” Dave speaks frequently on brand and digital marketing, including appearances at SXSW, TEDxCincy, American Express Innovation Summit, Web 2.0 Summit, and the IEG Sponsorship Conference.
Dave is active in the entrepreneurial community, serving as a Board Observer / Advisor to several venture-backed companies. He is the co-founder of The Brandery, a seed stage consumer marketing venture accelerator, serves on the Board of VCU Brandcenter and is a Partner in Rockfish Brand Ventures.
e-mail: dave.knox at gmail.com
cell phone: +1.513.658.0868
- Rockfish has client relationships with many brands and companies. When I write about these companies, I will fully disclose as a client of Rockfish.
- I am a stakeholder personally in Whynatte and through Brand Ventures in Tap.Me, MomentFeed and Promoboxx. You can view my current investments on Angel List at http://angel.co/daveknox
- I am on advisory boards for Tap.Me, GraphEffect and Apparel Media.
- I am a member of the Boards of Directors for two non-profits: The Brandery and Cincinnati Social Media. Both are dedicated to growing the entrepreneurial community of Cincinnati and I will promote their events are companies in the program. I do not profit financially from either organization and support them as an extension of my charitable giving.
- I often use Amazon Affiliate links to point to books I’ve reviewed.
- Authors send me books to review for free. If I like them, i will likely review them on the blog or mention on Twitter.
The opinions shared in this space do not represent the opinions of my employer in any way. If any statements on this site on posted in other articles/posts, they should not be identified as the opinions of my employer.
Additionally, all photos that appear on this site are copyrighted by their respective owners. I claim no credit for the images unless otherwise noted. If you own the rights to any of the images and do not wish for them to appear on this site please contact me and the images will be promptly removed.