Dave Knox Biography:
Dave Knox is Chief Marketing Officer for Rockfish. Rockfish is one of the fastest growing digital agencies in the country, placing #3 on AdAge’s Agency A-List and winning the inaugural AdAge Small Agency of the Year Award. Prior to Rockfish, Knox was a seven year veteran of Procter & Gamble, where he was instrumental in the digital turnaround that led to P&G being named to AdAge’s Digital A-List. As Brand Manager for Global Branded Entertainment, Dave led the strategy for new business models in venture investment, digital media and original content. Previously, Dave served as P&G’s Corporate Marketing Brand Manager for Digital Business Strategy, responsible for driving digital innovation and capability across P&G’s 300+ brands worldwide.
Dave was named to the iMedia 25 Class of Digital Innovators, by Cincinnati Magazine as a “Next Power Broker” and by AdAge as a “40 Under 40” in 2015. Dave speaks frequently on brand and digital marketing, including appearances at Mashable Connect, SXSW, TEDxCincy, American Express Innovation Summit, and the Web 2.0 Summit.
Dave is active in the entrepreneurial community, serving as a Board Observer / Advisor to multiple venture-backed companies. He is a Managing Partner in the VC firm Vine St Ventures, serves on the Board of VCU Brandcenter in Richmond, VA, and is the co-founder of The Brandery – one of the top 10 startup accelerators in the country. In Cincinnati he serves on the United Way of Greater Cincinnati Strategic Council and on the Board of Directors for the Mercantile Library and Bow Tie Foundation.
e-mail: dave.knox at gmail.com
cell phone: +1.513.658.0868
Disclosues and Relationships:
I believe in full transparency in social media and thus provide the following disclosures:
- Rockfish has client relationships with many brands and companies. When I write about these companies, I will fully disclose as a client of Rockfish. Additionally, Rockfish is owned by WPP and I will sometimes write about our peer companies.
- I am an active investor in startups through The Brandery, Vine St Ventures, and as an angel investor. You can view my current investments on Angel List at http://angel.co/daveknox
- I am on advisory boards for multiple startups including Strap, ChatID, Shift, CrowdTwist, StockUp Commerce, and Braxton Brewing Company. Most of my advisory relationships are listed at at http://angel.co/daveknox
- I am a member of the Boards of Directors for several non-profits including The Brandery, Mercantile Library, and Bow Tie Foundation. All are dedicated to growing the community of Cincinnati and I will promote their events and activities I do not profit financially from any of these organizations and support them as an extension of my charitable giving.
- I often use Amazon Affiliate links to point to books I’ve reviewed.
- Authors send me books to review for free. If I like them, i will likely review them on the blog or mention on Twitter.
The opinions shared in this space do not represent the opinions of my employer in any way. If any statements on this site on posted in other articles/posts, they should not be identified as the opinions of my employer.
Additionally, all photos that appear on this site are copyrighted by their respective owners. I claim no credit for the images unless otherwise noted. If you own the rights to any of the images and do not wish for them to appear on this site please contact me and the images will be promptly removed.