It is hard to believe that only 12 weeks ago, The Brandery was just getting started with our inaugural class of companies. Fast forward to today and we will be graduating 6 amazing start-ups at our first Demo Day on Thursday, November 18th. We have a sold-out crowd of 150 venture capitalists, investors and entrepreneurs joining us at the LPK Innovation Center for what should be a fun-filled and exciting morning.
The day will start off with a keynote by Ben Lerer, founder of Thrillist.com and Lerer Ventures. We then move onto the pitches as our 6 Brandery graduates take the stage to share their stories. Presenting on stage will be:
- Giftiki: the online version of a greeting card with money enclosed, allowing users to conveniently give gifts digitally to friends and family.
- Idea Rally: an open innovation web app which helps students voice their ideas for brands in a fun, game-like atmosphere
- LifeBlinx: a Facebook Application that takes your selected status updates, classic comments and favorite photos from Facebook and organizes them into printed memory books.
- TurboBOTZ: a service that makes it effortless for video gamers to manage the games they own as well as to buy, sell, or trade their used video games all within a single online environment.
- VenturePax: a website and soon-to-be mobile application making it effortless for you to discover your local outdoors, fun to engage your friends and rewarding to track how active you are.
- VenueAgent: a website that offers discounted event space to users, helping venues sell unbooked dates at their facility via online transactions.
If you aren’t able to join us in Cincinnati, we will be live streaming the event over at uStream starting around 9 AM EST. We will also be taking the companies on a road show to be New York City (December 1st) and San Francisco (December 7th), so let me know if you’d want to meet any of them.