Exciting changes in my life…

“They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” – Andy Warhol

Without a doubt, I am going to look back on September 2009 as a month of lots of great change in my life.  In fact, two big milestones happened last month that I wanted to share…one personal and one business.

First on the personal side of things, I had the amazing fortune to have Cindy Hickerson take my hand in marriage on September 12, 2009.  As it is meant to be, the night was one of the best in my life as we shared it with our family and friends.  And the whole experience had the perfect conclusion as the new Mrs Knox and I spent the week in sunny Key West, FL on our honeymoon.

WeddingCity

Now as for the business side, there are changes on that end as well.  When I returned from my honeymoon, I actually started a new role at P&G as I moved over to become Brand Manager, Innovation & Design for Procter & Gamble Productions (PGP).  P&G Productions is a fascinating part of our company, charged with developing original content and entertainment to create powerful emotional relationships with our consumers.  This is the group responsible for inventing Soap Operas in the 1950′s, running the People’s Choice Awards for the past 35 years and creating multi-platform content such Petside.com.  In this new role, I will be applying my digital background to help P&G Productions to find the next generation of content,  partnerships and entertainment to connect our brands with consumers.

PGP_Web

So needless to say, September was a busy month filled with exciting changes.  And both are changes that make me even more excited for the days, months and years to come.

Comments

1. says

Congratulations Dave and Cindy!

Also, I think it's fantastic that you're moving over to PGP. I've always believed in a future where we don't talk about digital vs. traditional anymore. What I love about my job is that I work daily in both of those worlds and can play a role in bringing them together. I predict you're going to love your new role, too. IMHO, this places you squarely at the center of where the future is happening.

2. says

Oh, congratulations! That's fabulous both on the work and life fronts. The new position sounds very exciting and the new marriage sounds like bliss :) Keep rocking on and thanks for sharing.

3. Jared Meisel says

Dave:

Having worked with you in the past, I have no doubt you will bring the same level of innovation and strategy to PGP. I am excited to see what the future holds as you look to make your mark and find your rhythm in this new role.

Congrats again to you and Cindy. Rach and I were truly bummed to have missed out on the celebration of life and love with you guys.

Jared

4. says

Congrats Dave. They say (whoever they are) that you shouldn't tackle four things within a year. They are getting married, starting a new job, having a kid and buying a house. You are halfway there in two weeks. Take it easy for the next 11+ months.
    Sounds like some interesting challenges along the way at PGP. I look forward to staying tuned!
    Best,
    Stan
    @9inchmarketing

5. says

Big time props for a big time due in a big time move. Proud of ya, man. And congrats on the marriage, too.

Does this mean I can get a guest spot on a soap now? Mom will be so proud. Heh.

6. says

Congrats on your busy and life-changing month. Gorgeous wedding photo with Cinci as your backdrop. One of my all-time favorite views is catching the first glimpse of Cinci as you drive North on 1-75 from KY. I’m a Dayton girl, now living in the Denver area.

7. says

and i thought i was having a busy, eventful month. thanks for the perspective. and more importantly congratulations and best of luck in your new roles as husband and brand manager.

8. Mike Hadgis says

Congrats again Dave on your wedding and the new role. Also, great pic of you and Cindy with Cincy in the background.

9. says

Wow, Congrats Dave! Big News. So who is going to teach every brand manager at P&G what the internet is now that you are gone? LOL…. I've een enjoying my post P&G life so far. Nanotech industry is very exciting, complex, and growing/changing really fast. Enjoying the challenge immensely.