I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone that helped P&G last night with our Loads of Hope program. In just over 4 hours, we raised $50,000 for charity… a sum that was then matched by the Tide brand. It’s amazing that through the power of Social Media and the support of some wicked smart people, you could raise $100,000 to help a great cause. You can’t help but feel good about that.
If you want to get a feel for the event, you can check out the Twitter Stream (where Tide was a top 10 term last night) or read the great insights by some of the people that participated last night.
- Ad Age – “P&G Gives Its Marketers a Crash Course in Social Media“
- Cincinnati Enquirer – “P&G Tries Out Social Networks”
- Kevin Dugan – “Being Digital at P&G, Raising $100K for Disaster Relief“
- Peter Kim – “Recap of P&G Digital Night“
- Ian Sohn – “P&G’s Social Media Experiment: Loads of Hope“
- Dayton Business Journal – “P&G hosts Google, Facebook officials for digital marketing experiment“
- Forrester Research – “P&G Tests the Power of Social Media“
Thank you again to everyone for your support. We helped a great cause and helped to teach ourselves about the power of digital and social media.
And I promise no more mentions of “buy this t-shirt” on this blog or Twitter.
* NOTE: Despite the plugs for Loads of Hope last night and today, this blog remains my personal blog and anything stated here is not the opinion of my employer.