Today marks 1 year and ~200 posts since I started writing Hard Knox Life. A lot has happened in that short time. On the personal side, I moved back to Cincinnati and got engaged to a special woman. And on the business front, I started an amazing new role at P&G and met tons of interesting people thanks to this blog and Twitter.
So in honor of the one year anniversary, I wanted to recap the posts that I’m most proud of here on Hard Knox Life.
- Lessons of the Square Watermelon: Hands down, my most successful post ever…yet one I wasn’t even the original author of! Thanks to a plug from Guy Kawasaki and Marketing Profs, it’s had over 20K views.
- What I Believe In: My Personal Leadership Philosophy: The other post that search engines seem to love, this talks to how I approach my personal leadership philosophy in the business world.
- Congratulations Motrin, You Just Proved Why Every Brand Needs to Understand Social Media: Motrin was the latest in a line of brands to get in trouble by not appreciating the force of Social Media. It is a cautionary tale for any Brand Manager.
- Even a Brand Manager Needs Their 10,000 Hours of Practice: My most recent post on the list, inspired by Bob Lefsetz and Malcolm Gladwell.
- How should Brand Managers approach the Social Graphs of Facebook Connect and OpenID?: The debate on this one is just getting started and doesn’t show signs of slowing down in 2009.
- Networking Isn’t a Dirty Word: There are tons of interesting people doing interesting things out there. Are you the type of Brand Manager that sits in conference rooms all day or are you making it a point to get out there and find out what’s next in the world of marketing?
- If It Looks Like a Brand Manager and Talks Like a Brand Manager That Doesn’t Mean Its a Marketer: My riff on a common issue in Brand Management and marketing.
- Mashable Says Brands Don’t Belong on Twitter: Lots of great debate on this one. As Twitter looks for a revenue model, I personally see brands being a potential way for them to get there.
- Did Mitch Joel Miss the Mark on His 10 Twitter Users that Marketers Should Follow?: If you are a Brand Manager looking for real inspiration in how digital can change your business, then this is my take on 10 people you should follow on Twitter.
- The 10 Bloggers Who Inspire Hard Knox Life: Fitting to end my list with the people who I personally love reading.
Did I leave any out?